Monday, April 7, 2014

Joys of Junkin'



"Let's go for a drive."  My husband is always trying to get me into trouble.  On this particular Saturday, he wanted to go junkin'.  I'm in!  So we headed to Round Top and sights along the way.  What we did not realize was that it was the famous Antique Week, where thousands of people migrate to Round Top and Warrenton to rummage through the best junk in Texas.  That's the good news.  The bad news is the traffic is horrible.  The minute we got into town and saw the line of traffic we knew we picked the wrong weekend for a lazy day of junkin!  Oh well...here's some of the jewels from the junkin road I wanted to share with you. Unfortunately, I didn't get to come home with them.


Check out these blue beauties...


Love these tags.


The orange trunk was stunning mixed in between.


Springtime pink watering can. Sigh...


What a crock!


Batter Up!


Great marketing advice!


I want to learn how to make things look old like this wood.


And like this desk.  Love the look. And finally...


Tim Holtz...check this out.  I thought of you.
Isn't this crazy?  It was an organizational 
dream for someone.

And so ends our day in Round Top...tired and happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment