Friday, April 11, 2014

Think Love - Live Joy!

Here's a fun project that is dedicated to a new friend I was destined to meet.  Try this out.

 

After I put gesso over the burlap background, I painted the background with Distress Paints,
Broken China, Evergreen Bough, Frayed Burlap, and Pumice Stone.  It dried pretty quick.
I tore some tissue paper and glued it down with matte medium randomly in the corners.  So far 
so good.



Every morning during coffee time I select a few videos to learn and get inspiration for my day. Well,
I tried not to fall out of my chair on this one.  Anna-Karin is one of my go to videos.  She used embossing paste as the medium to allow the honeycomb pieces from Tim Holtz framelits die
to create this mosaic.  It was a little tricky but I loved the end result.



This artwork is dedicated to my new friend who crossed my path while I was junking last week.  She was in a store called Junque Dynasty and she was so full of life and joy.  She too was an artist and invited me to her show this weekend.  We discovered we had much in common.  Our meeting was no accident.

On her business card and website it reads...Think Love - Live Joy. She paints nature,  especially birds.
Pam, this is dedicated to you.  Here's to a long life of paint covered days!


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love that background you created, it is perfect for the honeycomb frameworks. I am glad you were inspired by my tutorial! Thank you for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete